I have a sneaky little feeling that had I visited San Francisco in my early twenties I may have never left. While I'm not a huge fan of cities in general, this is the kinda city that seriously gets under your skin. I only spent 5 nights there, but already I'm thinking about all the things I want to do and places I want to see the next time I get back there again (well... I'm hoping I'll make it back someday anyway!). My days were kinda busy so there were some places I didn't make it to, such as Omnivore Books, Wholefoods and Tartine Bakery (not that I could've eaten anything, but I still would have loved to drool!), but I still had a good look around, met some of my food heroes and ate plenty of amazing food! I thought there might be a few of you who would be interested to see the places that caught my eye, so I've listed them below... with a few other random favourites tacked on the end for good measure. I'll be back with a recipe at the end of the week and an exciting giveaway too!
* Cookin'. A treasure trove of vintage props! My kinda heaven.
* The Mill. Hipster cafe.
* Gracia's Madre. Amazing vegan Mexican restaurant. I'm still dreaming of this place.
* Ferry Building Farmers Markets. Must see. Especially Far West Fungi and Rancho Gordo (both permanent stores, inside).
* Urban Picnic. Lovely, cheap, healthy Asian-inspired eats. Loads of Vegetarian/Vegan/Gluten-free options.
* Berkeley Bowl Marketplace. What I would give to have this right outside my house!
* Bi-rite. Lavender and honey ice cream. The best.
* Umami Mart. Quirky Japanese-inspired store. Oakland and Divisadero St, SF locations.
* Marion and Rose. Beautiful art/design store, Oakland.
* Chez Panisse, Berkeley. An institution. (To get to Berkeley and Oakland from SF, take the Richmond bound BART from downtown, super easy and cheap).
* Next time I'm gonna eat here and here and here...
* Alamo Square. Take the #21 bus from Powell/Market St, jump off at Steiner St.
* If you missed all my other photos from my trip and wanted to see them, click here.
* We're all a little guilty of this and it makes me more than a little sad.
* Nice version.
* So proud of my beautiful friend.
* This put a smile on my face!
* Love this idea! Waste-free takeaways.
* What a beautiful idea.
* Nice song.
* In this one moment, everything changed.
* Just wow.
* Must read.
* Beautiful song.