Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Such powerful words, written by a brilliant man. A bunch of friends and I took our kids to see The Lorax movie during the school holidays. The kids and I have read the book so we knew what to expect, but what I was not expecting was my emotional response to seeing it on the big screen. Although it's aimed at children I firmly believe that each and every person, big and small would benefit from seeing such a film. To kids, it's just a funny movie. But to us big kids who understand a little more, it's a truly powerful message. That needs to be heard.
I found this on twitter by Greens MP, Gareth Hughes which pretty much sums up my thoughts... "Wondering if we need a screening of The Lorax at Parliament to help MPs 'get' if there's no environment there's no economy". I couldn't have put it better myself.
Here's a few other great things that I've come across this past month...
* hands down one of the most inspiring things I've seen in a very long time.
* Kimbras live versions of her songs are amazing.
* Love this little video and the whole idea behind Local Harvest. Awesome.
* I've just brought and started using one of these.
* I would be going to this if I was in NZ.
* a must read for all vegetarians and vegans. We do eat organic tofu, tempeh, gf soy sauce and miso, but we don't do 'fake-meat'.
* gluten-free puff pastry
* a campaign I totally stand behind.
* Gluten-free Store. The new best place for my NZ readers to stock up on gluten-free flours!
* hot chilli pepper tofu
* this quote.
* young coconut yoghurt recipe
* one of the best bands to have ever come out of New Zealand . They are beyond amazing.
* 44 times two
* my heart skips a beat when I look at this photo
* stand strong Peru, may the rest of the world follow your lead!
* buy palm oil-free guide (thanks Shirleen for the heads up!)
* love this video
All text and images copyrighted to Emma Galloway © 2010-2013, unless noted and may not be used without permission.
©2010-2013 Emma Galloway. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.
apt. 2 baking co