a few of my favourite things {march 2012}

097-square-edge

It feels like forever since I’ve done a favourites post… but I’m guessing it’s only been a month! The weather has finally cooled slightly here in Perth and I gotta say, it’s been really nice to not have the fan going all night. My mind is turning to warming foods and with Si working away I get to indulge in soups and all those other wonderful things that he’s not a fan of, without fear of him threatening divorce! I’ll be back in a few days with a beautiful nourishing soup recipe and a little write up on the latest addition to my ever-growing cookbook pile. Here’s a few of my favourite things…

beautiful song
* Hannah Howes. One of my favourite live artists. Her album Candy is truly beautiful.
* Yummy Supper.
* this painting and song
* this message from Vandana Shiva
* this article
beets seem to be everywhere at the moment with chocolate beetroot cakes popping up all over the show! This video is lovely.
* home and friends
* surviving arsenic hour
* this photo
* Anna Coddington w/ Fly My Pretties.
* great post!
* Yoke Mardewi. I just purchased her book sourdough after seeing her talk @ the Perth Gluten-free expo. I can’t tell you how excited I am to start experimenting!

~ I took that photo of the kangaroo and lama ears earlier this week at Adventure world. We treated the kids, wagged school and had so much fun!

cecilia g
    March 21, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Morning Emm, I am a NZer living out in the US and though not a vegetarian myself I run a small sustainable farm and love these favourites you have popped up for us.. what an interesting picture too..Cheers Ears! celi

March 21, 2012 at 2:07 pm

So awesome to hear from a fellow expat. And all the way from the States too! I took a bunch of photos of the kangaroos and lama's eating lunch, but it was this one of their ears that really caught my eye once I uploaded them ๐Ÿ™‚

Erin
    March 21, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Emma, Thanks so much for the kind mention. Much appreciated:)

March 22, 2012 at 5:16 am

You're totally welcome! I love coming across great gluten-free blogs ๐Ÿ™‚

March 23, 2012 at 6:27 am

Some great favourites up there indeed! I especially like Chicken Tender blog as well ๐Ÿ™‚

jacquie
    March 23, 2012 at 3:08 pm

hi,miss emm!I love Vandana Shiva,even though she scares the hell out of me!She was just on cbc radio last week,gave me to much to think about.i love that you posted her.

March 23, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Isn't she amazing?! I've got to find time to watch more of her talks on YouTube. She gives us all much to think about! Xx

Marie-Anne
    April 1, 2012 at 11:17 am

Awwww, such beautiful donkeys! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for the roundabout, I love checking all those new things.