a few of my favourite things {feb 2012}

1794-days-later-you-went-tooth

It’s been a big month so far in our house, so many changes. Si starting back at work, Kye starting kindy, Ada starting school… and losing her first tooth all in the one week! I’ve had to turn into super mum and have started cooking dinner at lunchtime to help ease the melt-down madness after school. So, sorry folks but I haven’t had a whole lot of time to cook anything worth blogging about today, my kids have needed me…
I will however leave you with a bunch of links to enjoy over the weekend, my lists seem to be getting longer and longer every month! So many good things.

* would love to eat here.
* proud sister moment, again.
* top tips to stop food wastage.
* this photo is AMAZING and slightly scary 😉
* BRILLIANT article about gluten. A must read.
* this warms my heart.
* swapping your sweets. Top tips.
* wish this was in Australia…
* dreamy crimson mousse (vegan + sugar-free)
* buy organic and save
* these eco-friendly book covers look awesome. Available in Aussie too!
* DIY worm farm. Thanks Mel!
* raw hemp protein bars
* processed foods vs home made
* the youth of today are so clever, love this song
* I remember this
* soba choko
* gluten-free, vegan chocolate brownies
* this is the best idea I’ve seen in a long time! And so perfect for all of Ada’s drawings (via babybites)

I’ll be back in a few days with a great recipe the kids and I shared for lunch today, it’s beautiful. Xx

February 19, 2012 at 2:45 am

Great article about gluten indeed, thanks for the link!

February 19, 2012 at 2:48 pm

No worries, it's one of the best articles I've read on the subject. Kudos to Sarah Wilson!

hungryandfrozen
    February 21, 2012 at 2:13 am

Oh, bummer that the crimson mousse advises to use boiled, not roasted beets – I have two cold roasted beets in the fridge right now!

Congrats on the teeth, I still remember a few of mine, it's a weirdly traumatic but exciting moment in childhood. Like Oooh I'm growing up! Aaagh my mouth is bleeding and falling apart at random!

February 21, 2012 at 3:37 am

I reckon roast beets would be fine, so long as they are really tender and not too caramelised on the outside?

Re: teeth, I can so see why the tooth faerie and other such things were invented. If it wasn't for them I'm sure losing teeth would be a whole lot more traumatic! But yes, Ada is one very proud 'big girl' now 🙂

Marie-Anne
    February 25, 2012 at 5:22 pm

I love those link roundabouts… I'm even looking forward to them now, because you find such beauty and such quirkiness on the world wide web. Amazing 🙂

Hannah
    February 27, 2012 at 4:39 pm

I always enjoy your lists of favorites! Thank you for sharing your lovely discoveries.

Tabitha
    February 27, 2012 at 9:20 pm

I absolutely LOVE this photo! Just found your blog, still going through it all but just wanted to let you know what a gret pic this is!!

February 27, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Thanks heaps, I love it too!