a few of my favourite things {jan 2012}

I thought I’d better quickly sneak in a little favourites list as we are fast approaching the end of January! Ekk, where did that go? I’ve come across so many great and inspiring things this past month and am constantly blown away by all the amazing people creating great things out there. Love it.

* a small way we can all contribute to the fight against the ridiculous NZ Food Bill.
* love this song.
* NZ summer time, love it.
* gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free gingerbread cupcakes, oh my!
* started watching this documentary. An interesting insight into Vietnamese settlement in Australia.
* the whole world needs to watch this.
* organic pest control remedies. (Via Sistahood. by freddy chur)
* LOVE this kid.
* Tiki Taane wearing Brother Bens Trash Footwear!
* great idea.
* this photo from the mad storm in Perth recently.
* 75 things you can compost, but thought you couldn’t
* finally found a natural deodorant that stands up in 40 C (104 F) heat! Phew.
* great article.
* modern wheat isn’t really wheat at all.
* I could listen to this woman everyday, and pretty much do.

That photo above was taken on one of our recent trips to the beach down south. How cool is that road name?! Try saying that one quickly… it even beats Ngaruawahia by three letters!

January 25, 2012 at 8:32 am

Blogging is all about meeting inspiring people too! 🙂 I love this list because it's kind of quaint and full of joy and ideas. Super awesome!

January 25, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Thanks Marie-Anne, I totally agree this blogging world is so full of amazingly inspiring people 🙂

James Samuel
    January 25, 2012 at 6:11 pm

You might also like to point people to http://facebook.com/NZFoodBill that Johanna Knox started, and which I'm supporting her with. There's a new video on there, from Tuesday night.

January 26, 2012 at 2:49 am

Thanks so much for that link James, I'm now following your facebook page so will keep updated.

January 25, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Yes! I also saw Ben's shoes in Good magazine *love* – Ben's success that is!
    Those gingerbread cupcakes look mighty fine! Also how cool is that composting list!!! Do we really need rubbish bins then?

January 26, 2012 at 2:49 am

not really aye. xx
      p.s Yep Ben's going off!

January 25, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Doesn't the 'modern wheat' make you angry? I wish we could all sue Monsanto for making us sick. LOVE your other things by the way, am inspired by the ginger cupcakes …..

January 26, 2012 at 2:50 am

Yep Monsanto makes me angry full stop. Madness I tell ya.

leaf (the indolent cook)
    January 26, 2012 at 3:59 am

Nice list! I'll have to take the time to go through it when I'm not busy watching tennis. 😉

January 26, 2012 at 5:55 am

We've been doing the same today! Too hot to go outdoors today :-p

January 26, 2012 at 5:57 am

P.S Sorry if any of you have been having trouble trying to comment on here lately. Apparently blogger has been having some issues since they made changes a week or so ago. Fingers crossed they sort it soon.

January 26, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Interesting compost ideas, I want to know if I can compost those new starch based plastic bags that feel slippery, have you heard anything about those?

January 27, 2012 at 5:58 am

Hrmmm, no I haven't sorry. Will see what I can dig up…

Anahera Moon
    February 3, 2012 at 2:01 am

Ooh! I love the '75 things you can compost' fave…so many more things that can be returned to the earth! I also use the crystal deodorant, the pomegranate liquid crystal is awesome!!…. Obviously LOVE the Tiki Taane/Trash Footwear fave too… hehe 🙂 big loves and thanks for the inspirations honey!

February 10, 2012 at 3:48 am

thought you didnt like bjork em?! :p

February 10, 2012 at 6:20 am

Really Lou? I don't like all of her stuff, but I've always liked her… haven't I? I like this song of hers 😉

February 13, 2012 at 9:07 pm

I bought and tried the deodorant and it was awful 🙁 I have to add water to the top every time or it won't rub, but even then it doesn't come rub off onto my skin…so weird. Thanks for the idea anyhow, Nicole'

February 14, 2012 at 2:52 am

That is weird, I've got two different crystal deodorants on the go and haven't had any problems like that? I'd flick a email to the maker or supplier. I've only had great results myself.