Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Just a quick wee post, sorry no recipe this time. The kids and I had such a great time catching up with old friends the other day that I just had to share a few pics. It’s hard to believe that in a town as small as Raglan, 6 months can pass between catch ups. But with everyone’s lives so busy, children to take care of, work to get on with the months seem to fly by at an alarming rate. My two girlfriends have been in my life for as long as I can remember, but it wasn’t until we all had kids at the same time that we really became close. Those “coffee group” catch ups when our eldest were babies is what kept us all sane, I’m sure of it. The importance of having other mums to share the sometimes overwhelming experience of motherhood is something that can not be stressed enough!
We met down at the Kopua park that backs onto the beach. It’s still the middle of winter, highs of a mere 15 degrees! But the kids all decided they wanted to go swimming! I tried in vain to stop them but one by one, layer by layer the clothes came off and before we knew it they were all running along the waters edge squealing in absolute joy and excitement! Oh to be a kid again. Thank god the sun was out and it was actually quite warm in the sheltered spot where they swam.
Once the kids were done swimming, with sandy toes we bid our farewells and headed home via the local sushi shop for a quick bit of lunch. This is a shot of the beautiful blue sky last Saturday and Ada’s favourite “kekull” tree, don’t ask me why she named it that but she loves the funny seed pods it produces and has to grab at least one every time we go past it, Kye’s starting to follow her lead.
Aloha sushi takeaways is the only place I buy food in Raglan, Daiki makes some seriously good sushi. The kids and I can’t go past the Tofu musubi. Warm rice topped with fried and seasoned tofu and avocado all wrapped up in Nori. The kids eat a whole one each, actually Ada’s been doing that since she was about 18 months old!
So here’s to good friends, long overdue catch ups, swimming in winter and tofu musubi’s.
All text and images copyrighted to Emma Galloway © 2010-2013, unless noted and may not be used without permission.
- ► 2014 (56)
- ► 2013 (68)
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (82)
- North Indian spiced cauliflower with ginger recipe...
- spring fennel, pear and pecan salad recipe
- dancing in the kitchen with Gluten-Free Girl and t...
- bitter grapefruit curd recipe
- flourless chocolate love cake with raspberries & c...
- growing tomatoes from seed
- gluten-free chocolate, chilli and blueberry slice ...
- on the road to Pukehina………
- thai yellow curry with pumpkin, tofu and spinach r...
- gluten-free rosemary and lemon cookie recipe
- chocolate tofu mousse recipe
- braised chickpeas with spinach, mint, haloumi & mo...
- gluten-free raspberry & coconut scone recipe, rain...
- kefir – probiotic goodness
- quinoa with roast Kumara & chimichurri recipe
- How to: compost
- sunny days, crazy kids and tofu musubi
- gluten-free spiced gingerbread cake recipe
- red cabbage slaw with sesame and feta recipe
- golden brussels with chestnuts & garlic recipe
- gluten-free cardamom, pistachio and rosewater shor...
- carrot, radish and moong dal salad with spiced dre...
- gluten-free chocolate pear cake recipe
- ▼ September (23)
©2010-2013 Emma Galloway. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.