Monday, September 20, 2010
Today I made brownie. Gluten-free brownie, with peanut butter swirls none the less. I know, I know, I've been on a bit of a chocolate buzz these days, what with my gluten-free chocolate, chilli and blueberry slice, followed in quick secession by Flourless chocolate love cake with raspberries and cream... but when I was given the chance to try out a few of Shauna and Danny's recipes (from Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef) even before their new cookbook Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef: A Love Story with 100 Tempting Recipes was released, of course I jumped at the chance!!! In case you have been hiding under a rock somewhere and are not familiar with their world famous blog, Shauna James Ahern has been leading the way in creating tasty, gorgeous looking gluten-free food since way back in 2005 when she was first diagnosed with Celiac disease, and then taking it up yet another notch when she met and then married Danny Ahern, a talented and super passionate chef.
I am hanging out for my copy to arrive in the post and have a feeling this book is going to change the lives of so many who are gluten-free. I for one wish something of it's kind was available when I first became gluten-free! This book includes recipes for homemade gluten-free pasta (58 trials went into finalising the recipe you see in the book!), gluten-free bread, including one for gluten-free crusty bread, as well as many other mouth watering recipes that I am just itching to try out. With a book like this there will be no more standing at the fridge staring blankly wondering what you can eat, only to close it again hungry and empty handed. Shauna and Danny want the "book to be in your kitchen, flung onto the counter, with food stains on the pages". They want to "inspire people to cook".
And although it is not a vegetarian cookbook, I have no worries about that. I can pretty much guarantee I/we will be able to eat a lot of what's in the book, either as is or with a few tweaks.
These chocolate-peanut butter brownies are beautiful, moist chocolaty goodness. The dollops of peanut butter adding a lovely little salty hit. I did as Shauna and Danny suggested and cut a piece in half, spreading it with jam to make a peanut butter and jelly brownie. So American and so lovely. To get this recipe and many many more click here and get yourself a copy... quick!
All text and images copyrighted to Emma Galloway © 2010-2013, unless noted and may not be used without permission.
- ► 2014 (51)
- ► 2013 (69)
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (82)
- North Indian spiced cauliflower with ginger recipe...
- spring fennel, pear and pecan salad recipe
- dancing in the kitchen with Gluten-Free Girl and t...
- bitter grapefruit curd recipe
- flourless chocolate love cake with raspberries & c...
- growing tomatoes from seed
- gluten-free chocolate, chilli and blueberry slice ...
- on the road to Pukehina………
- thai yellow curry with pumpkin, tofu and spinach r...
- gluten-free rosemary and lemon cookie recipe
- chocolate tofu mousse recipe
- braised chickpeas with spinach, mint, haloumi & mo...
- gluten-free raspberry & coconut scone recipe, rain...
- kefir – probiotic goodness
- quinoa with roast Kumara & chimichurri recipe
- How to: compost
- sunny days, crazy kids and tofu musubi
- gluten-free spiced gingerbread cake recipe
- red cabbage slaw with sesame and feta recipe
- golden brussels with chestnuts & garlic recipe
- gluten-free cardamom, pistachio and rosewater shor...
- carrot, radish and moong dal salad with spiced dre...
- gluten-free chocolate pear cake recipe
- ▼ September (23)
©2010-2013 Emma Galloway. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.